Saturday, March 17, 2007

Quotes on the Irish

  • “The Irish are a singing, storytelling people. And all of the Irish stereotypes were alive and well within my family.”
    Lara Flynn Boyle

  • “In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.”
    Stephen Braveheart

  • “We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English.”
    Winston Churchill
  • “In a study, scientists report that drinking beer can be good for the liver. I'm sorry, did I say "scientists"? I meant "Irish people." ‘
    Tina Fey
  • “An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto
    one blade of grass to keep from falling off the earth.”
    Irish Saying
  • “Every St. Patrick's Day every Irishman goes out to
    find another Irishman to make a speech to.”
    Shane Leslie
  • “I showed my appreciation of my native land in the usual Irish way by getting out of it as soon as I possibly could. “
    George Bernard Shaw
  • “If one could only teach the English how to talk, and the Irish how to listen, society here would be quite civilized. “
    Oscar Wilde

No comments: