Wednesday, June 20, 2007

An Actual Report of a Book – My Year of Meats

My Year of Meats, by: Ruth L. Ozeki
Fiction 361 pages copyright 1998

This book is about a bi-racial (1/2 European ½ Japanese) American documentarian who spends a year making TV shows for Japan to increase sales of meat. It is also about how she and the show changes the lives of people in America and Japan. It was a good book that in no way connects to what the jacket of the book says about it. It also included information about the meat industry including how it’s destroying people with hormones and antibiotics. I of course read this the same week there was a huge meat sale it VG’s were I bought tons (OK pounds) of meat. Luckily, I’m some one who could enjoy Taco Bell’s mystery meat while reading The Jungle. (Besides, you’re on-line; you should know that everything is going to kill you now. And that a man lived to be 100 eating hot dogs every day of his life, chain smokers out live athletes, etc.)

No comments: