Thursday, October 18, 2007

Famous Last Words

The following is a list of what various famous people have said on their deathbeds.

“Thomas Jefferson . . . still survives.” – John Adam (Who didn’t know that Jefferson had just died that same day.)

“How were the receipts today at Madison Square Garden?” – P.T. Barnum

“Friends applaud, the comedy is finished.” – Ludwig van Beethoven

“I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.” – Humphrey Bogart

“I must go in, the fog is rising.” – Emily Dickinson

“All my possessions for a moment of time.” – Queen Elizabeth I

“I’ve never felt better.” – Douglas Fairbanks

“Is it the fourth?” – Thomas Jefferson (who died on the 4th of July)

“Go on, get out, last words are for fools who haven’t said enough.” – Karl Marx

“I knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room and God damn it, died in a hotel room.” – Eugene O’Neil

“Here am I, dying of a hundred good symptoms.” – Alexander Pope

“They couldn’t hit an elephant at this dist. . . . “ – General John Sedgwick (killed in battle.)

“I’ve had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that’s the record.” – Dylan Thomas

“Don’t let it end like this. Tell them I said something.” – Pancho Villa

“Go away. I’m all right.” – H.G. Wells
“Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.” – Oscar Wilde

No comments: