Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Book in Review – The Book without Words

Book Count: 44

The Book without Words By: Avi
Fiction: youth fiction, fantasy 203 pages 2005
Yes, this is another kid’s book that is not one of the ones that I was rereading. And so far although I said I was planning on hunting down some of my favorite stories from when I was younger I haven’t so far. However, this is an author that I read when younger and so I just wanted to see what else he/she/they (what kind of name is Avi anyway? first, last, initials?) were writing. This story is about an alchemist and his young servant girl and talking raven. He is trying to stop death using a book that looks empty, but that he can read. In the process he dies and the girl and bird must do something to prevent themselves from ending up penniless and homeless. The bird knows that the man knew how to make gold and the secret is in the book and so they need to find a way to read it. There only clue is something that he said about a person with green eyes.

No comments: