Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Book in Review – I’m Proud of You

Book Count: 48

I’m Proud of You: Life Lessons from My Friend Fred Rogers By: Tim Madigan
Non-fiction: memoir, biography 190 pages 2007

First, in case Jen is reading this, I still can’t stand Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood. (Lady Eileen Fairchild is an evil witch living in a magic merry-go-round and nothing you can say will make me change my mind on that.) But, that being said, everything that I have ever heard about Fred Rogers the person said that he was a great guy and this book only adds to that. It deals with the authors interactions with Mr. Rogers and how it changed his life and that of his family. It includes actual letters, parts of interviews and the author’s thoughts in a narrative of the author’s life from when he first talked to Mr. Rogers until after his death. It has much information on the spirituality of this Presbyterian minister who saw his ministry in helping children. This includes favorite spiritual readings, why he went into TV, and his thoughts on prayer and heaven.

No comments: