Thursday, June 26, 2008

Famous Author: Carl Jung

Born: 1875
Died: 1961
Famous for: theories of psychology, books on psychology, not being as big of a perv. as Freud

Quotes:
- Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.
- It all depends on how we look at things, and not on how they are themselves.
- Nobody, as long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.
- The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
- As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- I could not say I believe. I know! I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself, something that people call God.
- All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination.

No comments: