Friday, October 17, 2008

Famous Last Words

The following is a list of what various famous people have said on their deathbeds.

“I am ready” Woodrow Wilson

“Go away. I'm all right.” H. G. Wells

“Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.” Pancho Villa

“Woe is me. Me thinks I'm turning into a god.” Emperor Vespasian

“Moose . . . Indian . . .” Henry David Thoreau

“Put out the light.” Theodore Roosevelt

“Lord help my poor soul.” Edgar Allan Poe

“Get my swan costume ready.” Anna Pavlova

“Why do you weep. Did you think I was immortal?” King Louis XIV

“Let us cross over the river and sit in the shade of the trees.” General Thomas “ Stonewall” Jackson (mistakenly killed by own men in battle)

“Oh, do not cry - be good children and we will all meet in heaven.” Andrew Jackson

“All is lost. Monks, monks, monks!” King Henry VIII

“It is very beautiful over there.” Thomas Alva Edison

“That was the best ice-cream soda I ever tasted.” Lou Costello

“I'm bored with it all.” Winston Churchill

“I am still alive!” Emperor Gaius Caligula

“Die? I should say not, dear fellow. No Barrymore would allow such a conventional thing to happen to him.” John Barrymore

“I can't sleep.” James M. Barrie

No comments: