Friday, September 25, 2009

A Book in Review: Dead until Dark

Dead until Dark By: Charlaine Harris
Fiction: paranormal, mystery 292 pages
Book Count: 59

This is the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse books that were what the series "True Blood" is based on. In this one there is a killer on the loose that is killing people that sleep with vampires. Sookie spends the novel trying to find out who it is before they get to her. As well as dealing with her feelings for Bill the vampire and her boss's feelings for her. From reading the book, I can see how the show is so popular. (Note to friends who keep insisting that I watch the show: I will now put it on my to watch list, as I always like to read the book first.)However, this book is in the vein of vampire novels that slightly annoy me as the main vampire(s) are nothing like old time vampires, nor is there any real attempt to show why old thoughts on vampires were incorrect on this story's world. WHich is something that I wouldn't normaly comment on but I just finnished reading others complaining about the same thing . Anyway, as I too change some things when writing vampire stories I'm not going to let that stop me from reading the books. (But, I instist my changes make since, why does being dead make you not reflect light in a mirror? It makes no cents, if you needed a soul to be seen in a mirror, then when people look in the mirror they would be naked, as clothes don't have them.)

No comments: