Saturday, June 14, 2014

Consoling the Heart of Jesus:

Consoling the Heart of Jesus - A Do-It-Yourself Retreat Inspired by the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius By: Fr. Michael E. Gaitley, MIC
Non-fiction: Religion, NYR 381 pages
Book Count: 28

First, for the purpose of my New Year's Resolution, I am counting all the books I read that I own a physical copy of.  (Some of you may have already noticed that I do not usually include books from classes or devotional books.)  But in the cases of books that I read more then once, I am only counting/noteing one reading of it.

Second, this was actually the second time that I have read the book, because it is so crammed full of things.  This book condenses a 30 day retreat into a weekend (although I read it over a much longer time.) But also with the additions of the little way of St. Therese of Lisieux and St. Faustina and the Divine Mercy.  And just a little bit of Mary, because as those of you doing Fr. Gaitley's 33 Days class know, he's going to put something about Mary in it.
Also, you aren't expected to read all 381 pages in a weekend, only the first 195 pages are the actual retreat and the rest are appendixes to read afterwards. (If you read all the references and notes it come to 428 pages.)

No comments: