Sunday, October 12, 2014

Famous Last Words #3

(Which might contain quotes from earlier Famous Last Words)

- Either that wallpaper goes, or I do. - Oscar Wilde

- I die hard but am not afraid to go. - George Washington

- I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have. - Leonardo da Vinci

- I feel here that this time they have succeeded. - Leon Trotsky

- I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . . - Dylan Thomas

- I knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room - and God damn it - died in a hotel room. - Eugene O'Neill

- Too late for fruit, too soon for flowers. -  Walter De La Mare, writer

- A King should die standing. -  Louis XVIII

- I see black light. - Victor Hugo

- I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark. - Thomas Hobbes

- Turn up the lights, I don't want to go home in the dark. -  O. Henry

- I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring. -  Richard Feynman, physicist

- I've never felt better.-  Douglas Fairbanks, Sr

- All my possessions for a moment of time. -  Elizabeth I

- No, I shall not give in. I shall go on. I shall work to the end.-  Edward VII

- The earth is suffocating . . . Swear to make them cut me open, so that I won't be buried alive. -  Frederic Chopin

- I am dying. I haven't drunk champagne for a long time. -  Anton Pavlovich Chekhov

- I am still alive! -  Gaius Caligula

- I am about to -- or I am going to -- die: either expression is correct. - Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian

- I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis. -  Humphrey Bogart


No comments: