Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Bit Early

This week I have gone out shopping to a couple stores, to see what Halloween things are on clearance, and what is playing on the sound system? Christmas Carols!!!! Already! I get people setting up the Christmas decorations and gifts. Some people like to shop early so they aren’t stressed at the last moment trying to find things. I already have half my gifts bought, but 2 months of nonstop carols at stores could drive one round the bend. I’m glad I’m not working there. Do they think that the music is going to make people buy more or earlier? It wasn’t even good Christmas music it was the elevator music of Christmas carols.

2 comments:

Bill James said...

Definitely way too early for Xmas music; this YouTube video says it all:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB-dMFjkh5A

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know it! I was grocery shoppiing at Wally World yesterday and the first thing I saw when I walked in was a giant Christmas tree with ornaments and everything. And THEN, when I heard "I'll be home for Christmas" playing I wanted to strangle someone. Even though I was in the holiday section looking at ornaments. But still.