Monday, August 17, 2009

A Book in Review: Twilight

Twilight By: Stephenie Meyer
Fiction: teen, fantasy, romance 498 pages
Book count: 50

First, I would like to say that I read the book only because I was wondering what all the fuss was about, (and why are the vampires sparkly?) I of course heard from the superfans that think that "it is the greatest book ever!" But, from others that it was horrible. It was OK. As most people already know that it is about a girl in a small town that falls in love with a vampire who has the problems that one could have in this event, I'm not getting into the plot line. I do agree with the people that say that many characters are a little flat and the constantly being inside the head of a love sick teen is annoying; however, I don't really have an issue with that, as that is how they sound, and it was written mainly for teen girls. I do have issues with this being "true love" as it was written like a crush. It's rather stupid to do the majority things that Bella did for a crush. If you get past the seaming lack of anything needed for true, lasting love and pretend that is what it is, its a rather good story. And even with the issues I can see way it was such a good seller.

No comments: