Thursday, November 12, 2009

This is not a Book in Review:

Today I was planing on writing up a Book in Review for "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters", but even with Sea Monsters it is taking forever to read this book. It is in no way as fast a read as the Jane Austen novel with the zombies and ninjas. So instead to have something to write today I will talk about the turkey I cooked yesterday. Yes, I know that there is 2 weeks until Thanksgiving, but it was on sale for only 40 cents a pounds. And why not have turkey more then once or twice a year. Anyway, first I apparently have the worlds coldest fridge. I put it in to thaw on Saturday afternoon. On Wednesday morning when I opened it up there was still chunks of ice on it. I had to thaw it in a low oven. Then, when it was thawed out and I went to remove the giblets and neck it had two necks in it. It was a mutant bird! Anyway even with all that it turned out well. And we can eat turkey for the next week. (Or freeze some for later.)

No comments: