Friday, October 12, 2018

Crazy Love:

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by: Francis Chan with Danae Yankoski
Non-Fiction: Religion, 205 pages
Physical Book Count: 24
Book Count: 57

While the last book I read was picked for at least in someway fitting with my October reading themes, this one as you might have guessed, has nothing to do with the theme.  I just finished it in this month and I always like to put in all the books that I have read in the actual order that I have read them.  (And there is likely to be at least one more off topic book for this month, as I have a 1 month membership to Formed from the diocese, and so want to use all the resources that I can while I can, and it has e-books.)
The book itself is about the "crazy" love of God for people and how to respond with a "crazy" love in return.  "Crazy" of course referring to the way that this amount of love appears to us, much like the fight over the song "Reckless Love", as God's love is neither crazy or reckless, but can appear that way to humans.  It has a lot of Bible quotes to back up the author's points and ends with a chapter on people that actually put this level of love of God (and neighbor) in practice in the modern world. 

No comments: