Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Boy at the Door:

The Boy at the Door by: Alex Dahl
Fiction: 351 pages
Physical Book Count: 23
Book Count: 56

I picked this book out because the top book on my reading list was a Nordic Noir book, and so I've been looking at it in my to read list all year.  So after a quick look online for a book of this genre, and what the local library had, I picked up this book.  And it also fit with my general Halloween books in October rule, as it is a book with many dark themes.  The story starts out when a women with a seemingly perfect life, is asked to take home a boy after one of her daughter's swim classes, as he lived near her, and the pool couldn't get a hold of his family.  The address that he has listed as his address, is an abandoned house with signs of squatters.  She takes him back to her house, as she forgot her cell phone and he convinces her to just let him stay the night.  It's then that everthing in her life changes.  

No comments: