Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Why is it?

Why is it when you are expecting a package everything sounds like a delivery truck? As my facebook friends know I ordered a package last week. At the time I did a little rant on Facebook about the shipping as if I just got the mints that I difently wanted to order the shipping cost like $6 on a $2.50 thing. But as I got the big 37lbs box of things the mints were no extra shipping charge. Anyway on Monday I thought that the box may come as although it was shipping ground from Washington state UPS is usually faster then expected. Anyway, I heard a sound during nap time, but as I didn't need to sign for it and the squires are running into the house or something as I kept hearing sounds of something hitting the house and look outside to see a bunch of squires playing near the house I didn't bother looking. Until I heard the screen door open, as there is no way the box would fit in the door. I looked out and there was the FedEx man leaving after delivering a book that was sent from the publisher that I wasn't even thinking about as it was only a few days ago that I requested it. (I will write on that book in a little while, I'm saving it to read over Thanksgiving. More on free books later.) Anyway, so I decided to look online for where my box was with the tracking number. It said that it was in Ohio, but that it was set to be delivered Monday. I found it odd, but still I spend all day expecting to get the package. I didn't get it. It turned out it hadn't left until 10 pm, so it was arriving Tuesday. So spent another day thinking I was hearing a truck when there was none. When it did come, as happens most of the time I knew it was the truck as it doesn't sound anything like all the pickup trucks, vans, SUVs and poorly tuned cars that I was looking out the window for before.

No comments: